Jan 8, 2008

Rebates and Retards

Departure: 1:00 pm
Return: 5:00pm
Weather conditions: Partly Cloudy and breezy
Tide: Ebb Tide
Boat: Blue Club Boat
Crew: 4 (Woody, Joe & Jack)

"What's up with the title?" I know you're asking that. Barnacles! I'm asking that as well. I suppose I'm thinking about how silly people can be and I'm going to try and say something about it. I'm thinking of rebates; the significant savings one can make by simply mailing in a receipt. Simple, and yet...

How many times have you failed to collect on a rebate because of the "effort" involved. I know I've let my fair share slide by. Something similar has happened to me in the sailing club, and I know it's happened to others. Each member of the club receives 4 free sailing days to use each year. They can't be used consecutively and they can't be carried over into the next year. Last year, I was left trying to use my last free sailng day on the last day of the year. This year, I had two. Can you believe it? Two free days that I hadn't used. I think I must be retarded. Anyway, this already overly long post, is about cashing in on one of those days.

I invited a friend of mine and his son to go sailing the day after Chistmas which turned out to be the only nice day to do so. There isn't much to report about it really. We had a nice breeze. We zipped down toward the bridge and then came back. We enjoyed talking and viewing scenery.

My goal next year is to use every single free day.

No comments: